August 29, 2008

It’s one of the many books in your mini-library.

You’ve read it once before. It was the okay kinds. (You know what I mean)

But this time –

It has just blown you away.

This girl you’ve been sharing your boring classroom with, for more than six months now. And she walks in today and your heart starts to sing!

You’re like –

How did I overlook such beauty?

Many a time this happens to us – an overwhelming feeling that this time,

It’s not like it was;

Yes, this time something’s different.

This time you’re falling in love à love at second sight!

---

Life has a very similar love ballad with me. The first time we were together… she brought a sparkle to my eye. She made me want to hang out more often. It was great.

But the reality was: We did not connect to the extent, when blood flows either way.

My purpose was mixed up. My wrong motives were now the weak foundation and the dream castles came crashing down. Everything was reduced to rubble.

I closed her eyes. They pulled over the white fabric. It was over. We all went home.

Long after the death, there came along a man who dug through the rubble. Tirelessly, patiently, he went on and on.

He called out to me and showed me pearls in there. I took my stuff and joined him there. I dug all day and all night with all my strength. Love at second sight.


4 comments:

Utsav said...

whoa!
really nice

pluckedchicken said...

Awesome man! You write really well.

enthu-sac said...

fantastic read!!!

Kadambari said...

i love the style of writing....! beautiful!